Guild is hiring a Senior Engagement Manager on the Academic Partnerships team to lead a set of strategic academic partnerships (universities and other academic learning providers).
This is a unique opportunity to have a tangible impact on a business-critical team at Guild. We are looking for an individual who is highly skilled at building relationships, solving problems, and delivering business results. This individual will play a critical role in managing all aspects of an Academic Partnership, from the strategic to the tactical.
As a Senior Engagement Manager on the Academic Partnerships team, you will:
- Develop and oversee execution of short and long term strategic and operational plans for your academic partners, in partnership with the Academic Partnerships leadership team
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with key external and internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas and levels of seniority
- Optimize the student experience, leveraging data to drive improvements across internal and external stakeholders to improve outcomes throughout the student journey.
- Enable program improvement and new program development, as demanded by our customers (Corporate Employer Partners and their students):
- Identify growth opportunities in consultation with Guild’s Client Services team and your academic partners
- Support cross-functional implementations of new programs and offerings
- Develop and maintain strong ongoing, data-driven account operations across student experience, finance, data, and training.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in client management, partner management, and/or program management, with demonstrated experience driving positive outcomes with deep, strategic partners. Broad experience sets considered, including but not limited to managing clients in a consulting capacity and managing programs in a high growth enterprise company.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders internally and externally, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy.
- Ability to lead others on strategic projects and initiatives, directly and indirectly through influence
- Ability to “say no” when needed, even if that means disappointing key stakeholders or clients.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills: Ability to understand a problem, ideate on potential solutions, build data-backed recommendations, engage a broad set of stakeholders to get work done, and deliver a solution consistent with those recommendations
- Balance between a strategic and operator’s mindset, with a demonstrated ability to both see the big picture and get deep into the details on complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to synthesize information into a coherent and data-driven narrative and present that narrative in a compelling way.
- Cross-functional leadership and execution: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to build alignment with senior colleagues across various functions and levels and engage them towards specific program outcomes.
- Learning mindset: Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced environment
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000 - $140,000 and variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including gym/fitness stipend and access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth