Guild is hiring for a Consultant, Portfolio Strategy in its Learning Marketplace division to support the growth and evaluation of Guild’s portfolio of academic partners. In this role, you’ll use your quantitative and analytical skills to support academic partner deal evaluation and drive workstreams on strategic projects critical to Guild’s growth.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Portfolio Strategy team is responsible for ensuring we build a network of academic partners that can proactively meet employer talent needs while delivering economic mobility to students.
As a Consultant on the Portfolio Strategy team, you will:
- Work closely with Guild’s Learning Marketplace Sales and Marketing teams to develop partner acquisition strategies and advise on active deals
- Conduct market research and synthesize publicly available data to identify target academic partners
- Use and refine a series of deal evaluation models (i.e. pricing models, cannibalization models) to evaluate a prospect’s fit for Guild’s portfolio
- Use and refine Guild’s partner evaluation framework to evaluate prospects’ fit for Guild’s portfolio.
- Support strategic projects critical to Guild’s academic partner portfolio growth, including the development of new partnership models or business development strategies.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 1-3 years in a management consulting, business analyst, or internal strategy analyst role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize information and communicate insights effectively
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills, with experience using financial and data analysis tools (Excel, Looker) and synthesizing disparate datasets to produce meaningful insights
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high-level progress and the small details
- A self-starter attitude with a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and an ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
- A team-oriented mindset, thriving in an environment that’s collaborative and celebrates change
- Experience working with senior-level decision makers
- Experience with higher education or labor market data, including familiarity working with IPEDS, College Scorecard, Bureau of Labor Statistics or proprietary labor market datasets.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $70,000 - $85,000 and variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth