Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - it might be the hardest problem to solve in Marketing, and we’re looking for people who are excited to solve it. You’re interested in mining data sets to find patterns, developing ideas on ways to act on that data, and capable of working with internal and external partners to make those ideas into reality. You’re intellectually curious, self-motivated, a lifelong learner, and have 3-5 years of experience with SEO at a SMB or consumer-focused company.
Our SEO Specialist will be our eyes and ears with respect to all things SEO. You’ll drive the growth of our organic search presence on Google and other search engines, using tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, and ScreamingFrog to derive content and technical insight. Once you’ve got ideas, you’re going to work directly in our site (leveraging WordPress) as well as with a variety of internal content and Product Marketing teams to take your insight and convert it into high-quality traffic.
First, you’ll be responsible for keeping up to date with what’s going on in the SEO world, making sure we stay up to date when guidelines change, and ensuring that we’re covering the full spectrum of keywords that Homebase can address. Second, you’ll develop and implement plans to improve our rankings, respond to those changes, and most importantly - drive customers. Third, you’ll launch an SEO strategy for new products we plan to bring to market in the coming months or years, finding ways to quickly generate visibility in new keyword silos and topical areas.
As you grow, take what you know and supercharge it. Leverage the insights you gain growing our search engine presence and help scale it to broader aspects of organic growth - after all, despite what those of us in SEO-land may believe, there’s more to the world than just Google! Whether that’s figuring out how to leverage organic social, organic referrals, or more - there’s plenty of room to grow and develop.
- Opportunity & Monitoring - improve our understanding of the addressable SEO market for the company via keyword research, external benchmarking and analysis. Reporting on the incremental progress that our web properties are making towards maximizing our SEO volume.
- Ideation & Growth - develop ideas for ways to increase SEO traffic, working across on & off-site disciplines. Work with our technical teams to implement technical on-page changes (site structure, interlinking, copy changes, etc.) as well as with our content team to develop net-new content supporting these ideas.
- New product line SEO launch - create and implement strategies to quickly generate organic visibility as Homebase works to expand our product footprint and better serve our customers.
- 3-5 years of hands-on SEO experience in an SMB or consumer-focused organization, including exposure to technical and content-based SEO strategies
- Familiarity with a core suite of SEO tools, including at minimum Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz & technical analysis tool of choice (ScreamingFrog or others)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with respect to ambiguous, amorphous and fluid situations: ability to demonstrate how you’ve interpreted data to solve difficult problems
- Familiarity with WordPress & basic HTML or other coding languages relevant to web-dev (bonus: SQL knowledge)
What We Offer You
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving while working from home and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.