This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Staff Product Manager, Discovery
Denver, CO, Remote
Guild is hiring a Staff Product Manager to focus on cross-solution product discovery efforts. As a Staff Product Manager, you will conduct research with students, employers, academic partners, and internal partners to help drive and deliver on Guild’s product roadmap in service to our mission and company goals. In this specific role, you will focus on research and early product discovery across Guild’s product, particularly in areas of intersection between our student, employer, and academic partner experiences.
As Staff Product Manager, you will:
- Lead early-stage discovery efforts with high impact across all three sides of the Guild marketplace, working tightly with other PMs and coordinating with cross-functional partners.
- Own and lead the roadmap and backlog for discovery efforts, prioritizing when to begin projects and working with other PMs and engineering teams to drive delivery post-discovery.
- Conduct research and translate the needs of students, employer partners, and academic partners into technical product requirements including authoring, grooming, and prioritizing user stories.
- Work directly with engineering, go-to-market, analytics, and leadership to deliver effective products to market and to solve tough, technical challenges.
- Use data, user research, and market knowledge to craft a vision and identify areas of opportunity, building a business case for new product improvements or investments.
- Represent your product both internally to the business and externally to our partners throughout the lifecycle.
In this role you will collaborate closely with PM and Engineering leadership and team leads, as well as cross-functional partners.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years experience in a software product management or comparable role.
- Validated ability to understand complex business problems and break them down into simple solutions across various areas that focus on customer needs.
- Experience communicating with and influencing partners across a complex business, including various go-to-market teams and leaders. Comfortable influencing the V and C-level.
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering and non-technical partner teams to lead on-time delivery of technical solutions.
- Strong ability to work independently, handle ambiguity, and craft incremental, decoupled solutions.
- Clear, concise communication and presentation abilities.
- A track record of working with external partners and customers, including collecting direct product feedback from Fortune 1000 partners.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education.
- Experience building B2C interfaces or B2B interfaces, preferably with search and filtering functionality.
- Experience exchanging data with third parties, including via flat file.
- Familiarity working with and developing data models.
- Basic SQL proficiency.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $155,000 - $190,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth