This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Senior Manager, Product Design to oversee a team of product designers. This role focuses on coaching and protecting autonomy for your team to create our product experience, used by millions of Americans to head back to school. You will mentor, coach, hire, and create an optimal working environment for your team. You’ll work closely with other managers and the director of product to ensure that our teams are supported with the right processes, tools, and feedback loops. Additionally, you’ll work with engineering and product managers to define product strategy for your area of focus and will mobilize your designers to do their best work.
As a Senior Manager, Product Design you will:
- Oversee the design process for your direct reports and work with other managers to improve design processes and feedback loops across the product design organization
- Proactively work with senior leaders to define direction of design strategy based on business needs
- Spend time with your direct reports reviewing work to provide direction and feedback
- Set expectations for high quality work that aligns with priorities and timelines
- Build thoughtful team culture by listening, guiding, providing connections and removing roadblocks. Support by providing autonomy and creating opportunities for growth
- Work with product managers and engineering managers to build harmonious teams that deliver strong work
- Ensure design has the right presence in the right conversations and advocate for design standard methodologies across our business
- Play a part in advancing our design team culture as we grow and expand our team
- Own hiring and resourcing for your team
- Create channels of support and healthy ways of working for both local and/or remote team members
- Ensuring that projects are properly staffed based on scope, skills and timing.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of previous management experience
- Extensive experience in a direct individual contributor role with abilities to understand and model best design practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
- Experience in Sketch and Invision
- Experience partnering with product managers and other business owners
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $135,000 - $170,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.