Guild is hiring a Government and Impact Partnerships Director (must be Denver based). This role will help develop Guild's government and community-based impact strategy, lead community engagement work and help execute pilot programs. The role will first focus first on Colorado and then expand to other key states
As Government and Impact Partnerships Director, you will:
- Work with Guild's senior executives to develop the company's perspective on community partnerships then execute on that strategy as the owner of community-based business impact at Guild
- Collaborate with the product, marketing and operations teams to execute community impact and engagement pilots and programs
- Develop and maintain government and community partnerships in Colorado and other key states
- Work closely with the Policy, Communications and Guild Government teams to support top legislative, marketing and business development priorities
- This begins as a senior-level independent contributor with support from adjacent team
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including advocacy, consulting, government and community engagement and project or product management
- Experience working with technology-enabled services and collaborating with product, marketing, legal, sales and operations teams
- Ability to build trusted relationships with different stakeholder groups and confidently advocate, influence and negotiate across various levels of the organization
- Curiosity about B2B and education business models and how they are enhanced through community impact, government and community partnerships
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, in a highly cross-functional and cross-collaborative environment
- A strong sense of ownership with proven ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Bonus for:
- Understanding and experience of federal and state government agencies and how they influence education and workforce policy.
- Experience in enterprise sales
- Platform or marketplace experience
- This role is based in Denver, Colorado
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000-$173,750, as well as bonus and company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth