This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Marketplace Delivery Director
Guild is hiring for its Marketplace Delivery team to lead cross-functional workstreams as Guild launches new engagements with employer partners -- like Walmart, Disney, Lowe’s and others -- and academic partners -- like the University of Arizona, Southern New Hampshire University, Penn Foster and more.
Guild is revolutionizing the role that employers play in educating America and one of Denver's fastest growing startups. Through employer sponsored education programs, Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. To accomplish this, Guild operates a curated marketplace of employers and academic institutions, where employees can explore and enroll in educational programs that align to the strategic needs of their employer.
In operating this marketplace, Guild invests heavily in each additional partner that is added. As a result, strong team members are needed to get partners launched through a deeply cross-functional effort.
As a senior member of the Marketplace Delivery team, you will:
- Supervise a team of project managers charged with supporting Guild’s Learning Marketplace by leading cross-functional teams in the execution of new partner implementations, migrations, and expansions
- Provide direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the implementation, acting as the critical issue point for both the partner and Guild delivery team
- Become a subject matter specialist in partner onboarding at Guild; speak to all aspects of partner launch, including strategic vision, design, implementation processes, and handoffs/interactions with other teams.
- Proactively identify and manage trade-offs and risks across workstreams, and make strategic recommendations to leadership as relevant.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure that Guild and our partners have shared expectations across the board
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Positive, a “can do” demeanor and you thrive in ambiguous environments
- 10+ years as a strategic leader with exposure to sophisticated B2B/B2B2C implementations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical experience and Bachelor's; MBA is a plus
- Deep understanding and strong compassion for the challenges faced by both technical and go-to-market functions when selling to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Experience balancing multiple parallel work streams in constantly evolving, cross-functional environments where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential for success
- The ability to develop positive relationships, encourage confidence, and communicate optimally while balancing confidence, modesty, and tact
- A knack for “connecting the dots” and identifying trends, with truly outstanding ability to synthesize sophisticated information for a broad set of partners and deliver strong story-telling
- You can influence partners—especially executive audiences—through data, well structured arguments, and compelling narratives
- Strong organization and team leadership skills, with attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- A bias toward structured, analytical, systems and critical thinking; able to simplify and present sophisticated problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- A history of building organizational culture, giving and receiving feedback, and supporting the development of team members
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $145,000-$182,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth