Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. We've built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding and backing from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be at the heart of Tally’s engineering process building and securing software systems that empower engineering teams to develop, and deliver secure services.
We’re looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our growing Security team. You will have the opportunity to help us define and deliver a security engineering strategy that sits at the intersection of Site Reliability Engineering and Continuous Delivery. You will work on a broad range of security projects with an engineering focus. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about delivering innovative security solutions that empower engineering teams to deliver software with security built in.
A Day In the Life:
- Conduct risk and threat assessments to identify risks and any associated weaknesses, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks.
- Design, build, and deploy security controls and associated tooling with an emphasis on automation and integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Make security metrics and solutions easily consumable for development teams.
- Teach, coach, and advocate Security Engineering principles across the Engineering team.
- Assist in code reviews and security assessments across the organization.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to enhance event monitoring, security alerting, and incident response workflows
- Recommend and implement technical, process, and policy changes.
- Participate in daily scrum standups, sprint planning, and other team rituals including retrospectives.
About You & Preferred Skills:
- Background working in security engineering organizations, protecting AWS or Kubernetes environments.
- Automation, using CI/CD systems and tools to automate security task work is one of your core values.
- Broad familiarity with security operations topics that affect infrastructure, including identity and access, network, vulnerability, and change management.
- Ideally you’ll have experience with encryption and key management systems.
- You’re comfortable developing software at some level, using at least one server-side programming language. (e.g. Scala, Java, Go, Python.) It’s OK if you're not an expert.
- The network and traffic delivery stack is familiar territory to you, including firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, and web application firewalls to name a few.
- Experience with compliance, including but not limited to SOC 2 Type 2 and PCI-DSS.
- You’re a great communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about learning and constantly challenging yourself for continuous improvement.
- You live the Tally Values:
- Don’t Say Nothing. Speak your mind. Challenge. Cheer! Converse. Do it honestly, respectfully, and most of all constructively.
- Own The Outcome. Be invested beyond role, experience or title. You are the master of one, and the champion for all.
- Change Shoes Often. With ourselves. With our users. And without judgment.
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Co-founder, and CEO