Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially. Currently at Series C with $92MM in funding, we are a team that is democratizing financial services to put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally built the first fully automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can worry about money less and do what they love more.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our Engineering Operations teams. As part of this engineering-focused group, you’ll own cross-functional programs across these teams which include Site Reliability Engineering, Security, and IT.
As a TPM at Tally, you will drive our planning processes, working closely with our engineering teams and leadership to establish goals. Here you will own roadmaps with clear deliverables on our strategy. We’re working on exciting programs like Kubernetes Migration, Security Vulnerability Management, and Service Ownership to name a few.
You will plan projects, spot and resolve dependencies, identify risks, and communicate with stakeholders. You’ll help us deliver features and improvements across the entire engineering organization through cross-functional coordination. Balancing long-term needs with tactical requirements is key to success -- you excel at prioritization and getting the right people in the room.
Coaching and helping several teams with their agile processes is an important part of this role. You'll help us transform our organization with impactful projects, executed well, with the support of the team. You're a master at communicating with stakeholders, both written and verbal. You consistently deliver on your promises and keep teams accountable.
Things You’ll Do:
- Own the planning processes within our organization.
- Establish and execute the roadmap to deliver on our strategic goals.
- Be a leader and coach for agile processes.
- Collect and share organizational OKRs or KPIs.
- Partner with key stakeholders and customers to understand their needs, and incorporate these into our plans.
- Experience in a program management role, working with cross-functional teams whose work impacts all aspects of the organization. Experience with Site Reliability Engineering, or Security Engineering teams is a plus.
- Track record of driving software programs and process change in mid-size teams (25+.)
- Exceptional planning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity.
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban, or scaled Agile principles and practices.
- Experience with JIRA and the Atlassian suite of tools is a plus.
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
Jason Brown, Founder and CEO