Tally is on a mission to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can be less stressed and better off financially. In our first step towards that mission, we have launched the first and only fully automated credit card payoff app to put billions of dollars back into people’s pockets. We are currently backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, and were named Forbes' “Next Billion Dollar Startup” in 2020.
We are looking for a Credit Analytics Lead to support our credit program. This is a role with broad exposure to many facets of the business and ideal for someone who is excited to wear many hats in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You will work with large amounts of data to conduct research and analysis to help Tally’s credit program make data informed decisions
- You will work closely with cross functional groups to define, measure, and report on, and forecast credit performance to guide strategy
- You will partner with credit, finance, and operations teams to design and analyze experiments to improve customer LTV and drive positive outcomes for our business and our members
- You will propose, execute, and measure improvements to our eligibility, pricing, line assignment, fraud, and reunderwriting policies.
- You will collaborate with data engineering to build out our data science tools to accelerate our insight generation and ability to deliver user value
- We’re a financial product whose credit performance has an outsize impact, so your work will directly impact the success of the business
In this role we value:
- Relevant professional experience as an analyst or consultant
- 2-4 years experience in a consumer credit risk role or similar experience
- Expert knowledge and speed with SQL and Excel. Ability and willingness to learn other tools
- Ability to concisely present your analysis and put together well-structured reports to support decision making within the company
- Prior experience with interpreting large data sets and finding actionable insights
- Ability to quickly grasp and creatively solve complex problems
- Someone who is quick to learn new skills and willing to tackle problems outside their comfort zone. This is a startup role and you have to be comfortable wearing many different hats.
- Strong teamwork capabilities and ability to collaborate with stakeholders a variety of business functions effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- BA or BS in a quantitative field of study such as Math, Science, Engineering, Business, etc.
- Prior exposure to advanced data analysis and visualization software a plus (Tableau, R, Python, etc.)
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
– Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO