Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans. Tally’s mission is to make people less stressed and better off financially through full financial automation. Today, Tally is the first and only fully automated debt manager to put billions of dollars back into people’s pockets. Currently backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins ($92MM in total funding to date), Tally is helping people get out of credit card debt faster and save money. But this is just the beginning.
We are looking for a Controller to join our Finance team and level up our Accounting function. As the Controller, you will be responsible for building an exceptional accounting team and developing scalable and compliant processes, controls, and policies that support a rapidly growing multinational business. You will provide technical and functional administrative leadership for operational accounting activities (Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Transfer Pricing, Tax) and partner closely with our growth, engineering, product and analytics teams to empower better decision making through timely and accurate financials, as well as tight integration between our products and our financial infrastructure. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, comfortable both leading a team and crunching the numbers, and has direct experience running an accounting team in a high growth business.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is motivated to do great work that grows Tally’s business and helps millions of people get out of credit card debt. This is an opportunity perfect for someone who wants to lead and build a team and have a massive impact on a mission driven business.
- Oversee all areas of Accounting including but not limited to Financial Reporting, Audit, Tax, Cash Management and AP.
- Identify key process gaps related to the integrity of the financial statements and tighten our month-end close
- Create, maintain, enhance our business policies, accounting policies and financial controls. Develop and ensure effective internal controls and safeguards over company assets, and ensure compliance with contractual obligations, regulatory requirements and company policies
- Own the plan to becoming SOC 1 audit ready
- Establish and own key accounting policies and initiatives such as revenue recognition, loss reserves, transfer pricing, tax strategy
- Apply technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP to monitor, evaluate impact, and implement new accounting standards and regulatory requirements. Strong facility with technical accounting and other special topics in accounting
In this role we value:
- 10+ years of combined public and industry experience
- Financial service experience strongly preferred, but not required
- You’re a strong manager with team-building experience, and a track record of attracting and retaining great talent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical Accounting guidance or issues in easy to understand business terms to key decision-makers
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Startup minded: high energy, low maintenance, self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Experience administering ERP and equity systems such as NetSuite, Carta, Concur, etc.
- Knowledgeable in reporting, US GAAP lending related standards, inter company transactions, and how to prepare for a SOC 1 audit
A message from our leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is 'Change shoes often.' We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
– Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO