- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 01/21/2023
- Website: newness.com
- Company Address: , San Francisco, CA 94108, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About NewnessNEWNESS is the livestream platform built specifically for the beauty community. It’s a place where you can watch your favorite creators talk about what they know and love, ask them questions, and discuss it with other cool people – all in real time.
In this role, you will shape the vision of the NEWNESS platform for creators. This role will be key to NEWNESS's strategic goals, where user experience, unique beauty-specific features, and authentic on-platform community-building tools will become our differentiator.
You're a Product Designer with 5+ years of experience designing engaging user experiences for consumer products and apps in an early-stage startup. You have strong interaction design experience and are interested in having a big say in UX design. You value collaborative, iterative work with a small friendly team. It’s rewarding for you to help creators share their expertise while building community and engagement in a space that you’ve designed.
What will you do at NEWNESS?
- Create a place for creators and our community to engage and feel supported.
- Own the bar for a high-quality product experience
- Drive every stage of the design process, from discovery and product scoping to UX and UI design, feature implementation, launch, iteration, and beyond
- Learn from our users and validate product ideas
- Deliver and communicate end-to-end design, including concepts, user flows, low and high-fidelity interaction wireframes, and prototypes
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teammates in all product-related work, from ideation workshops to strategy alignment to feedback and implementation
- You have extensive knowledge of user-centered product design practices
- Have experience designing and understanding mobile and web user flows
- Experience working on an early-stage product in a startup environment, preferably in the consumer space
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You enjoy being a part of both the conceptual ideation and the rigorous execution of bringing a feature to life
- You thrive on collaboration and helping your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
- You have a passion for understanding complicated user flows and turning them into an intuitive and delightful product
- You have no qualms about feedback and thrive in a respectful and growth-minded environment
At NEWNESS, we pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of an employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to team meetings, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every person is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real value to our community. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Newness.