- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/21/2023
- Website: svtrobotics.com
- Company Address: 730 W 20th St, Norfolk, Virginia 23517, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About SVT RoboticsBusinesses and robots connect to our platform. We do the rest.
Launched in 2018 by co-founders A.K. Schultz and Michael Howes, SVT Robotics has a singular focus: to develop products that make rapid deployment of enterprise robot technology quick and easy.
You own the expense of product validation. You are also aware of the added expense of product validation in production and are able to minimize the amount of validation occurring post-product delivery. Your main focus is to ensure the product’s capabilities is clearly written but also that what is written matches the behavior of the product before it reaches the customer. In other words you want the product to do what the company expects it to do and you are a leader in that effort. When the comparison fails, you immediately voice the risk through clear and effective communication. Secondarily you are also comfortable with a software engineer in test automating this comparison. Within this scope you assume the role of a consultant for the software engineer in test. Although you work closely with all engineers, you are closest to the software engineer in test. Together you all are solving the test oracle problem. Solving this problem through a myriad of test strategies such as independent implementation, functional comparison, and value limit checking must be a passion while assuming this role. You are someone who manages startup life well and works well with others within your team and with internal/external teams within and outside of SVT.
A potential day in the life of SVT’s QA Analyst:
- participate in daily stand-ups for multiple teams
- Take product ideas from ideation to test results
- using all tools during the testing cycle while maintaining testing readability and report-ability
- takes the test oracle problem seriously
- writing documentation (installation guides, etc)
- work very closely with teams to deliver releases with a predictable cadence
- work very closely with software engineer in test to manage tests as a readable, reportable source of truth
- 5+ years of test composition, management, and reporting (I.e UAT, integration, performance, security)
- 5+ years of navigating multiple infrastructure environments for testing (e.g. development, staging, QA)
- 3+ years of api testing
- manage start up life well
- equally good at the small details and the big picture
- work well with others within your team but also with other teams both in the organization and outside the organization
You get bonus points If you also:
- work with Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- can define SLAs and SLOs
- really excited about working with tcp/ip and protocols further down the stack
- any experience using tools like zap, codeQL, postman, burp
- any experience fuzzing
- understanding of digital twins
- Competitive salary and compensation structure
- 401k with generous company match
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Flexible parental leave
- Fun, innovative team and remote-friendly culture
Are you with us?
We’re ready to meet you if you wake up every day eager to get your hands dirty in a high-growth start-up atmosphere.
SVT Robotics is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity on all our teams. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our team is built on a culture of curiosity and innovation that serves as the foundation of our product. Here, you can and will create something awesome. Come join our growing team!
For more information about us, please visit https://www.svtrobotics.com/