- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 01/21/2023
- Website: meettally.com
- Company Address: 375 Alabama St, San Francisco, California US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About TallyTally is a consumer tech company pioneering full-service financial automation. Founded in 2015, we built the first automated debt manager to help people overcome credit card debt and put billions of dollars back in people’s pockets. Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives, so they can stress less about money and do more of what they love.
We are looking for a Director of FP&A who will work directly with our VP of Finance and company executives to formulate the company's medium to long-term financial and strategic plan. As the Director of FP&A, you will be responsible for improving, developing and managing the company’s operating model, building out a robust monthly financial forecasting process, being a key business partner to Tally’s Leadership Team and bringing life and data-driven insights to the numbers through illustrative financial reporting.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is motivated to do great work that grows Tally’s business and helps millions of people get out of credit card debt. This is an opportunity that is perfect for someone who wants to lead and build a team and have a massive impact on a mission-driven business. You will be a key resource for senior management, playing a pivotal role in determining business strategy and managing financial performance.
- Work with Tally’s VP of Finance to formulate and execute a strategic financial planning process
- Lead the improvement and maintenance of the company’s financial models
- Recommend and answer key analytical questions to improve business and team performance; identify areas of opportunity with data-driven recommendations
- Help determine the optimal financial systems strategy
- Lead annual budget and planning cycles
- Implement and monitor daily, weekly and monthly KPIs to spot trends in the business and help the leadership team focus on risks and opportunities
- Prepare executive and Board level presentations and reporting on business and financial performance
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
In this role we value:
- 5+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance or investment banking experience at a high-growth fintech startup or well-established financial services company
- Experience managing and building high performing teams
- Very strong analytical mindset with financial analysis and modeling skills
- Proactive style with very strong organization and attention to detail
- Experience working in a high-growth, dynamic setting
- Track record of working independently, managing multiple projects and delivering results in a timely way
- Innate curiosity
- Exceptional communication skills to present analysis and conclusions to the CEO, executive team, and external parties
- Experience working with consumer lending and diverse financing structures preferred.
- Moderate knowledge of US GAAP