- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/23/2023
- Website: guildeducation.com
- Company Address: 999 18th Street, Suite 2240, Denver, CO, 80202
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $115,000
About Guild EducationGuild Education is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education and upskilling, with a double bottom-line business model that does well by doing good.
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Manager on its Corporate Communications & PR team. The Manager will be focused on the day-day-to-day execution and implementation of the team’s strategy in order to support broader business objectives.
As Manager on the Corporate Communications and PR team, you will:
- Focus on the day-to-day reactive responsibilities of the team
- Be a key player in implementing Guild’s earned media strategy:
- Pitch and secure media coverage to advance Guild’s mission
- Serve as the rapid response coordinator for the team by managing the press@guild email account and facilitating responses to inbound press inquiries
- Support the team in building relationships with members of the press, with a particular focus on regional media markets and trades
- Develop PR materials for key announcements, external events, and initiatives
- Support maintenance of company-wide corporate messaging documents
- Provide ongoing PR support to partners, including maintaining resources that illustrate examples of shared success between Guild and partners and identifying industry specific opportunities in priority verticals
- Pitch and prepare executives for public speaking opportunities:
- You will partner with our agency to develop speaker nomination proposals
- Develop media briefings for executives for interviews.
- Develop, implement, and elevate our company awards and recognition program strategy and lead execution and promotion of awards won
- Real-time media monitoring and analysis:
- Stay on top of Guild coverage and industry news, and provide concise, thoughtful analysis on what it means for Guild
- Partner with our PR agency to develop media reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in writing news releases, pitches, talking points or speeches, and related PR materials
- You have experience building relationships with reporters
- You have on-the-record experience / have previously worked as a spokesperson for your organization
- You are flexible and adaptable to managing moving deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining close attention to detail
- You are organized and must be able to prioritize appropriately to develop multiple key deliverables simultaneously
- 4-6 years of experience on a PR & Communications team and/or in the field of journalism
- Existing media relationships
- Proactive attitude that constantly develops creative ideas around how best to tell Guild’s narrative in the media, and helps the team look around corners
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000-$115,000, as well as company stock options. We are committed to providing opportunities that align with our larger company strategy of Career Mobility. We believe that skills are transferable and value candidates that have a passion for our mission and a learner’s mindset. If you don’t have 100% of the qualifications but can see yourself doing a great job, we invite you to apply.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.