- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/23/2023
- Website: guildeducation.com
- Company Address: 999 18th Street, Suite 2240, Denver, CO, 80202
- Salary Range: $132,000 - $165,000
About Guild EducationGuild Education is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education and upskilling, with a double bottom-line business model that does well by doing good.
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Forecast Modeling Manager to scale the efficiency of a growing team within Financial Planning & Analytics. In this position, you’ll play a key role in building out and leading a team that uses data & analytics to effectively budget and forecast the client’s education benefit program.
In particular, we’re looking for a team member who can thrive in detecting patterns and themes, supporting a client-facing team that operates in a complex, high-touch environment. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to work on innovative challenges that will allow us to mature our budgeting and forecasting processes, deepening relationships with clients.
As a Senior Manager: Forecast Modeling, you will:
- Lead and build a team of analysts and data scientists to handle budgeting and forecasting for Guild's Employer Partners
- Build and own scalable modeling solutions, toolkits, best practice documents, and a consulting approach that can be applied across Guild partner base
- Manipulate and analyze complicated data sets, partnering as needed to improve data quality and infrastructure
- Influence critical business decisions by providing insights supported by reporting and analytics
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data Engineering, Product, Technology, and other teams to support business needs
- Lead ongoing experimentation with modeling and data science methodologies
- Produce insights, analyses, and recommendations to help employers understand drivers of spend and the impact of changes in student behavior over time, as well as these changes on revenue
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5-7+ years of total experience in an analytics, data science, financial planning & analysis
- Experience leading technical and/or analytical teams in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, data visualization, and project management skills
- Strong ability to identify the most significant metrics for a given business objective and translate analyses into tangible recommendations for sales and client services teams, working cross functionally to achieve shared objectives
- Comfort presenting financial data to senior team members internally and / or at client organizations with an ability to influence perspectives via data-driven storytelling
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expertise in model development, maintenance and tuning (including logistic regression, random forest, time-series forecasting), and at least one coding language (R, Python, etc.)
- Fluency in SQL, Tableau (or other data visualization tool), and Excel
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $132,000 - $165,000, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.