- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/23/2023
- Website: guildeducation.com
- Company Address: 999 18th Street, Suite 2240, Denver, CO, 80202
- Salary Range: $240,000 - $285,000
About Guild EducationGuild Education is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education and upskilling, with a double bottom-line business model that does well by doing good.
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Vice President of Talent Acquisition to lead and influence the company’s Talent Acquisition strategy and initiatives. This role will be instrumental in ensuring the organization is able to deliver on its Employee Value Proposition so that Guild is a mission-aligned, diverse, inclusive, and supportive place to work!
We are looking for an individual who thrives in an environment driven by creativity, agility, and high-growth who can help us understand where we are, identify risks, and guide us through an insightful data-based approach to sustained growth.
This is a senior level position that will report directly to Guild’s SVP of Talent, and will be a member of the Talent Leadership Team. Additionally, the Vice President of Talent Acquisition will lead a team of seasoned recruiting leaders, and will be instrumental in coaching and advising them and their subsequent teams
- Recruiting Team Management: Experienced & highly effective manager of the recruiting function and of people. Able to build impactful recruiting teams. Employs a “Player-Coach” approach to management - willingly participates in the team’s success and demonstrates a vested interest in the development needs of each person to enhance performance and overall potential. Experience implementing DE&I recruiting standard processes.
- Transformational Leadership: Adept partner with leaders and teams across various functions to evolve company-wide recruiting that supports company strategy, impact, and ability to scale. Expert at developing and articulating a clear vision, and inspiring others to act quickly and deliberately.
- Function Building / Workforce Planning: Experience building a recruiting team for scale. Expert at leading and implementing best-in-class workforce planning system to assess and assemble the recruiting infrastructure needed to achieve current AND plan for future hiring needs. Enjoys and fluent in managing systems development. Places high priority on the design and implementation of effective, efficient and data driven recruiting processes.
- Data Savvy/Rigor: Enhance the use of data to drive the recruiting function's overall effectiveness and success. Designs and implements streamlined systems and reporting to ensure strong data hygiene. Leverages data to provide thoughtful analysis, decision-making, and calibrate team and individual recruiting performance. Regularly communicates recruiting progress against benchmarks with key partners.
- Employer Branding: Expertise defining and marketing Guild’s unique employer brand. Builds candidate pipelines through purposeful network activation. Experience engaging employees in diverse roles in referral programs. Committed to designing and delivering significant, inclusive candidate experiences.
- Executive Influence: Experienced & skilled in building and leveraging executive partner relationships across the business. Lead a consultative and integrated function which partners closely across senior leaders and can interface and influence seamlessly with Guild’s board of directors when required.
- Deep experience working strategically and operationally with cross-functional leaders to build consensus around Talent Acquisition strategy and initiatives.
- Proven track record to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and empower high performance teams.
- Demonstrated success hiring in both high volume environments as well as in unique searches
- History of success as a recruiter for technical, go-to-market, and senior leadership roles.
- Expertise in designing and running executive search.
- Experience in organizational design and role development.
- Robust recruiting capabilities and expertise.
- Strategic and principle-driven approach to planning and operations.
- A builder of systems and infrastructure. Eager to build a best in class recruiting function
- Effective business partner. Able to engage organizational leaders as partners. Can pressure test ideas through shared opinion and rationale.
- Analytical/data driven mentality.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Teammate - invested in the success of the recruiting team, as well as the Guild leaders and their teams.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking, balanced with collaborative integration, business relationships, and a passion for data/storytelling and strong talent acquisition savvy are critical success factors for this role.
- Lead with data driven insights of hiring trends, sourcing channels, industries, and markets.
- Evaluates labor market data on a regular cadence, with an emphasis on critical roles and alignment with our talent strategy. Partner with the Total Rewards team to ensure strategy addresses market competitiveness needs for recruitment.
- Seeks innovative solutions for attracting top talent.
- Partners with DEI leadership to ensure a robust diversity recruitment strategy aligned to supporting the organization's DEI commitments.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $240,000 - $285,000, variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.