- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Administration
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 01/21/2023
- Website: unohealth.com
- Company Address: , New York, New York 10004, US
- Salary Range: $58,500 - $58,500
About Uno HealthUno Health matches low-income seniors to non-clinical services that meet their needs outside the doctor’s office, reducing their chances of ending up in hospital, and generating millions in revenue AND savings for our Medicare customers.
We are looking for best-in-class team member to supercharge our enrollment operations. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in life changing benefits, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the government programs that confuse the millions of low-income individuals across the US. This role is critical in handling, inventorying, and evaluating sensitive documents. You will operate a complex set of application processing workflows and become an expert navigating a variety of tools and systems to submit the highest quality applications possible.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- You will ensure documents and applications are compliantly processed through the Uno ecosystem and successfully submitted to government agencies.
- You will be responsible for SLAs (1 business day to inventory, 1 business day to submit an application) and KPIs for application operations, providing consistent updates on work funnels and flagging delays and blockers to key stakeholders for resolution.
- You will be evaluating applications for completeness and accuracy, and work with the team to determine next steps in complex cases.
- You will become the subject matter expert for the application process across a wide variety of states.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis to document and improve your tooling and processes.
- You will monitor our partner that receives time sensitive inbound mail in a digital format.
- You will not have member-facing interactions, but you appreciate how your work (efficiency and attention to detail!) impact member experience.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have skills:
- >1 year of experience in administrative assistance, office management, patient coordination, customer support
- Ability to work cross-functionally to collaborate with other enrollment operations teams
- Experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google Suite, CRMs, ticketing queues)
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to go deep into the weeds of government applications and documentation
- Ability to maintain multiple queues of work and manage time effectively to deliver on daily SLAs(Short term lease agreement)
- Excellent communication skills, especially written
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise
- Understanding of the complexity of the social service space and knowing how to navigate through it
Nice to have skills:
- Bonus: Fluency in Spanish and English
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to revolutionize the way we support low-income Medicare members
- Have experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google sheets, CRMs, ticketing queues)
- Understanding of what it means to Are excited to work at with an early-stage startup and excitement about taking where you’ll take on responsibility within a growing team
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $58,500
- Location: NY, NY
- Hybrid work environment: work 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
- Time Off: 18 accrued elective Vacation days + 11 paid company holidays + 5 paid sick days
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!