- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Software Infra
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: drata.com
- Company Address: , San Diego, CA 92122, US
About DrataReplace manual GRC efforts, reduce costs, and save time preparing for audits and maintaining compliance. Drata is the world’s most advanced security and compliance automation platform with the mission to help companies earn and keep the trust of their users, customers, partners, and prospects.
The Senior Software Engineer is passionate about engineering beautiful interfaces and delivering a delightful user experience for complex applications to help solve problems for our users. They use browser and web technologies as a tool to do their job. Your work will consist of developing new features, architecting, and maintaining our cross-platform web applications using the latest web technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Test your code to identify performance issues
- Build efficient and reusable front-end components and libraries to facilitate rapid and flexible web application development
- Optimize web applications for maximum performance and scalability, with a focus on browser rendering performance and network latency
- Bring to the leadership team technical solutions, feedback on each solution recommended and product ideas with the team through design review, code review and discussions
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and back-end engineers to improve the user experience of our applications
- Participate in feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with web applications, including cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and performance problems
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and best practices in front-end development, and share knowledge and insights with the team
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of experience in front-end software engineering, with a focus on building complex, responsive, and scalable web applications
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- At least 2 years of experience in production-grade React development
- Strong understanding of front-end architectural patterns, including component-based architectures and state management
- Proficient in server-side coding in at least one of the following languages: Node.JS, PHP, Ruby, Python, or Java
- Knowledge in Webpack, Jest, Cypress, or Angular is a plus
- Deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems
- Build beautiful and reactive end-user facing systems that catch the eye, draw the user in, and contribute to an overall pleasant user experience.
- Agile development experience
- Self-directed, independent, and has experience owning complete features/products
- Outstanding ability to negotiate difficult tradeoffs (e.g., quality vs. speed, collaboration vs. get-it-done)
- Previous startup or scaling experience is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred though not required
- Strong communication ability - we want to know your thoughts and input!
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $144,500 - $178,500
Tier 2: $130,050 - $160,650
Tier 3: $115,600 - $142,800
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.