- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Software Infra
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: drata.com
- Company Address: , San Diego, CA 92122, US
About DrataReplace manual GRC efforts, reduce costs, and save time preparing for audits and maintaining compliance. Drata is the world’s most advanced security and compliance automation platform with the mission to help companies earn and keep the trust of their users, customers, partners, and prospects.
As a Compliance Manager at Drata, you are a customer-facing information security and compliance expert for the world’s most advanced security and compliance automation platform. Compliance Managers execute within the Customer Success function at Drata and work closely with all teams to drive fast and smooth audit readiness programs, create and deliver best practices for meeting requirements for control and privacy frameworks, and advocate on behalf of customers’ needs for a rapidly growing platform. You’ll build trust and empathy with Drata’s customers as you advise them toward a continuous and self-sufficient security and compliance posture.
You must be on eastern time for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Advise customers with building out information security policies, uploading evidence for controls and overall audit readiness as they prepare for SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, CMMC, FedRAMP, GDPR, CCPA, etc..
- Serve as a compliance expert when covering correspondence via live chat, phone calls, and emails.
- Development of documentation for common compliance questions received from customers for both external and internal audiences.
- Assist in creating external training content, videos and webinars.
- Assist with reviewing marketing articles and blog posts for accuracy, as needed.
- Research and stay updated on major cloud providers’ services (AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku), emerging technologies in the cybersecurity space, information security frameworks/standards and privacy standards.
- Provide feedback to the the Product team in their development of a common control mapping across multiple information security and privacy frameworks ( ex: SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, CMMC, FedRAMP, GDPR, CCPA, etc. )
- Assist the Sales team, as needed, with responding to prospective customer questions.
- Assisting with internal GRC initiatives, such as internal audits and other compliance initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing internal learning and success of our team by sharing knowledge through mentorship and collaboration.
What you’ll bring:
- Three years experience in helping organizations build out their security and compliance programs based on control and/or privacy frameworks, such as SOC2, ISO 27001/270002, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, CMMC, FedRAMP, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Three years experience in performing audits against one or more of the previous listed frameworks or standards.
- Familiarity with the security services offered by cloud services, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, BitBucket, GitHub, etc..
- An understanding of the Shared Responsibility Model and how this model works with SaaS companies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and comfort with leading (potentially solo) presentations, training, and advisory sessions with CISOs, CTOs and business users.
- A demonstrated track record of constant learning and self-development.
- Service-minded and attentive to giving customers the best possible support and experience with our products.
- Self-motivated to research and learn information security and privacy frameworks/standards and emerging technologies.
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $93,500 - $115,500
Tier 2: $84,150 - $103,950
Tier 3: $74,800 - $92,400
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.