- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Software Infra
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: drata.com
- Company Address: , San Diego, CA 92122, US
About DrataReplace manual GRC efforts, reduce costs, and save time preparing for audits and maintaining compliance. Drata is the world’s most advanced security and compliance automation platform with the mission to help companies earn and keep the trust of their users, customers, partners, and prospects.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our team! We are a fast-growing SaaS company that’s already achieved unicorn status specializing in automating security and compliance. As the Senior Data Scientist, you will be a key member in the data team, working closely with business stakeholders to unlock growth opportunities with advanced analytics and data science initiatives! If you like to roll up your sleeves and make an immediate impact, and be a high-visibility contributor within the organization, this role might be for you!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement data-driven strategies to improve customer experience, increase engagement, reduce churn, and drive growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement data science initiatives that align with business goals, and communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders in a clear and actionable way
- Lead the development of machine learning models that enhance the company’s data analytics capabilities, and optimize business operations and improve efficiency for various functions.
- Mentor and train team members on best practices, tools and techniques for data analysis and modeling.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years of experience with a solid background in data science or a related field, with a track record of developing and implementing advanced analytics strategies.
- Strong programming skills in Python/R and SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Sigma, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work with large, complex datasets, and extensive knowledge of using statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms to develop predictive models and insights.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and adjust approaches to meet evolving business needs with feedback.
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $161,500 - $199,500
Tier 2: $145,350 - $179,550
Tier 3: $129,200 - $159,600
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.