- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Enterprise SaaS
- Post Date: 05/18/2023
- Website: joinhomebase.com
- Company Address: 835 Howard St, 2nd fl, San Francisco, California 94103, US
About HomebaseThe smarter way for small (but mighty) businesses to manage teams: time clocks, scheduling, payroll, and HR all in one.
At Homebase, we empower small businesses with innovative workforce management software. As a Homie, you'll be part of a team that puts customers first, makes every day count, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We're looking for talented individuals who share our passion for innovation and making a difference. Join us and become a part of our mission to empower small businesses.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Why We Need You:
Homebase truly values the power of marketing. At a time when other companies are pulling back on marketing spend we’re leaning in! We’re currently focusing heavily on SEM, CRO, SEO, affiliates, and offline acquisition channels and are continuously testing for the best channel mix. Homebase’s integrated growth marketing function currently has an elite roster of cross-functional marketing pros and is seeking a Senior Director of Growth Marketing to round out the team. This person will work closely with and report to the Chief Marketing Officer. If you are a very strategic yet hands-on, growth marketing leader (full-funnel acquisition) with a strong desire to build, let’s connect!
- Oversee a high-performing team of 4 (and growing) mid to senior-level individual contributors; coaching, performance management, metrics, budget, team morale, agency management, hiring, and retention.
- Strategically create a revenue-driven 12 to 18 month roadmap for growth marketing aligning with company goals.
- Own a very generous budget and work with the CMO and Finance to define forecast models.
- Test, experiment, identify, and diversify the channel mix in a way that will maximize payback. Determine market fit.
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders and articulate growth marketing performance to the exec team, product, data, sales, customer support, finance, and the broader marketing team.
- Own goals, testing/experiments, metrics, GIAs (think OKRs), and reporting of growth marketing performance.
Experience & Attributes You Bring:
- 10+ years of experience across the digital marketing landscape
- 4+ years of experience leading the growth marketing function
- Successful experiences scaling growth marketing teams from 0 to 1 and 1 to 10
- Solid SEO experience with a proven track record of growing organic/SEO acquisitions
- Experience owning large budgets and forecasting monthly, quarterly and annually
- Experience at hyper-growth companies, in the consumer space. Subscription-based experience is a plus!
- Familiarity with both paid and organic channels, online and offline and a variety of growth tactics
- Experience managing managers and team leads required
- Ability to set goals and strategy and effectively coach a team to achieve
- Expert in search and digital performance channels, managing to CAC targets
- Familiarity with best practices in tracking, tagging, attribution, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, etc.
- Need for speed to test and optimize without compromising quality
- Performance-driven, deeply analytical, comfortable deriving insights and making decisions from data
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and not lose track of the details
- Hybrid model. Must be based in Toronto, Canada, or within an hour’s commute
What We Offer You:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan +4% company match
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Vibrant coworking spaces to collaborate in
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition Advisor, Shaun Moten
- Meet the Hiring Manager, Candy Lee
- Participate in a Technical Round
- Participate in a Strategic Interview, Candy Lee & Rob Horowitz
- Meet the Leadership team, John Waldmann
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.