Crunchbase helps over 75 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. Powered by best-in-class proprietary data, Crunchbase is democratizing access to opportunities so salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We’re proud to build intelligent products that shape how companies and people connect and enable them to communicate in a more meaningful way.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in residents of these states:
California, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
Our inclusive remote-first culture, generous PTO policies, competitive pay, and employee wellness benefits set us apart!
JOB DUTIES: Collaborate with the product team and other partners to help improve our personalized user experience. Work on all aspects of the feature delivery cycle, from conceptualizing and collecting requirements to modeling and productionalizing your code all the way to deployment. Set up statistical evaluation processes and methodologies with partners to guide experiments. Conduct statistical research to implement prescriptive and predictive models at a production level of quality according to our business needs, data patterns, and performance requirements. Work side by side with machine learning engineers and data engineers to come up with plans to put the models/algorithms into production. Develop statistical and machine learning models to better understand users and their journey in general. Contribute to defining and enhancing our machine learning platform capabilities from the ground up. Establish processes and standard methodologies to help grow our data science guild. Remote work from home is acceptable.
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
LOCATION: Crunchbase, Inc., 564 Market Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94104
MAIN EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a closely related field of study and five (5) years experience as (all levels) Data Scientist, Data Analyst or related role where required experience gained.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Also requires experience in the following:
- Python hands-on coding skills;
- Hands-on skills building Data Science/Machine Learning models;
- Setting up evaluation processes and methodologies with stakeholders to guide experiments;
- Communicating effectively to stakeholders throughout the entire life cycle of a data science-driven feature, from collecting requirements to modeling, to productionization, and all the way to deployment in production;
- Establishing processes and standard methodologies to help grow the data science guild; and
- Collaborating with other Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to define, implement and continuously improve the Machine Learning Platform capabilities.
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission