Crunchbase helps over 75 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. Powered by best-in-class proprietary data, Crunchbase is democratizing access to opportunities so salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We’re proud to build intelligent products that shape how companies and people connect and enable them to communicate in a more meaningful way.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in residents of these states:
California, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
Our inclusive remote-first culture, generous PTO policies, competitive pay, and employee wellness benefits set us apart!
Machine Learning at Crunchbase
At Crunchbase, we have Machine Learning Engineers in different teams including the Personalization team and the Graph team. Machine Learning engineers work on an array of challenges from creating features with personalized relevant information throughout the our users’ experience on Crunchbase to automatically understanding data and structuring it into our knowledge graph. The Data Science and Machine Learning guild is thriving to enable us to deploy Machine Learning algorithms with data from many different sources including our own platform, and user behavioral data, we learn our users’ journey and build a personalized experience that is unique to each user.
What You'll Do:
We are hiring a hands-on Senior Machine Learning Engineer. The ideal candidate is passionate about not only data and what it can teach us, but also about our users and how to drive an experience that helps them engage with and better utilize our data.
Help drive the Machine Learning at Crunchbase to the next level. Develop and support Data Science modelling in production. Implement, deploy, test and evaluate the impact of services that drive features which impact our users experience. Help establish processes and best practices to help grow the Data Science and Machine Learning guild and contribute to defining and enhancing our machine learning platform capabilities from the ground up.
What We're Looking For:
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and have strong Python foundations.
- You have 3+ years of proven industry experience.
- You hold a high bar on code quality and enjoy building systems and tools that can be used by others.
- You are an excellent communicator and able to explain complex issues to stakeholders in simple terms.
- You have hands-on experience in shipping machine learning-based projects in production.
- You are excited and interested in production systems and enabling LLMs and other MLs models.
- Dealing with large amounts of data on a daily basis is a plus.
- You care about being agile, cross teams collaborations, and data-driven development and evaluation.
- You are a big believer in the Build-Measure-Learn methodology.
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission