Looking for a special mix of DNA that makes an extraordinary Technical Account Manager (TAM)– the blend of great business acumen and technical prowess!
As a part of a team focused on Customer Adoption, you will act as both a trusted advisor for customers and a technical consultant. As a TAM, you will be focused on product deployment and use case adoption by driving value and consumption growth. Additionally, as a product specialist, you will drive the customer relationship and act as a customer advocate throughout their lifecycle.
You will work closely with the Field Sales teams, and broader Go-To-market teams, to strategize and plan customer engagements and share your product expertise with customers through custom demos and presentations, technical evaluations, onboarding, enabling customers on the Branch platform, and providing technical guidance.
This position requires excellent client management skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and both understanding customer business objectives and technical needs. You will have a passion for customers, problem-solving, and painting the ‘art of the possible’.
As a Technical Account Manager, you’ll get to:
- Take ownership of the entire customer lifecycle where you will develop and implement strategies to increase usage, adoption, and growth.
- Develop deep expertise with the Branch platform to build an advisor relationship with customers in a technical and strategic capacity.
- Proactively conceptualize solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Technical Support, and Engineering teams to support:
- Strategic account success planning
- Executive Business Reviews
- Share product requests
- Timely resolution of support tickets
- Liaison with Product, Engineering, Customer Enablement and Support to fill gaps in Branch’s products, content and services.
- Build compelling technical demonstrations, presentations, and business value documents to drive further product deployment and use-case adoption.
- Assist customers with planning and execution of technical solution implementations, and removing technical blockers.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Technical Account Management, Account Management, Software Consulting, Solution Architecture, Technical Consulting, and/or in similar customer-facing roles with a strong technical emphasis.
- Excellent client management skills, a bias for action, taking accountability, a validated ability to perform hands-on technical work when needed, and the ability to lead projects and interact with global teams.
- Experience supporting customers with cloud-based SaaS solutions.
- Problem-solving skills around business and technical product questions.
- Ability to analyze & interpret business requirements and customer interactions to anticipate and guide client needs in order to drive value-based use-case adoption.
- Experience proactively handling customer expectations and leading all aspects of customer communications throughout the customer lifecycle.
- A self-starter mentality with an entrepreneurial spirit and a knack for quickly adapting to new tools (e.g. Asana, Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience pulling and manipulating aggregate-level data using tools like Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc. Ability to work with SQL databases would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of mobile app SDKs and web scripts along with experience assisting customers with the usage of one. Assisting customers with SDK implementation would be a plus.
- Understanding of REST API fundamentals. Ability to pull API requests with Chrome Developer Tools or Charles Proxy and mimic them with API Testing tools (such as Postman).
- Experience using productivity tools like JIRA, Asana, Notion, etc.
Nice to have:
- iOS and/or Android programming experience (building apps with Java/Objective-C/Swift, releasing apps to the app store, working with 3rd party SDKs, etc).
This role is 100% remote in Illinois. This role is not eligible for remote work in any other location.
A little bit about us:
- Branch is well capitalized with funding from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Global.
- We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with teams around the globe.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 100,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from all walks of life to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our careers, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!