At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We’re looking for our next Staff Frontend Engineer to architect complex features and tackle technical debt. The best candidates will be those who can define and set the example for engineering excellence in a cross product multi-team codebase. Staff engineers are given the hardest and most challenging problems facing Branch’s frontend engineering teams.
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Work with product managers and designers to refine requirements, participate in design discussions and conceptualize complex features.
- Spec out the implementation details as you work with your peers in a collaborative environment to bring the feature to life.
- Find yourself working across the stack, building out intuitive user interfaces while enhancing our backend services.
- Debug hard problems that others have a hard time figuring out.
- Work with the QA team to ensure the features you're shipping are of high quality, including rolling up your sleeves and writing both unit and integration tests.
- Lead a group of dedicated Frontend Engineers in setting standards of engineering excellence.
- Manage and execute a frontend technical debt roadmap with other Staff and Principal engineers.
- Grow a design system library to accelerate our frontend engineer team.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience building web applications for 8+ years.
- Extensive use with React and Redux and fluency with Typescript, Node.js.
- Mastery of CSS and styling best practices.
- Experience optimizing Webpack build tools and working with CI/CD platforms like Github Actions.
- Experience building domain driven RESTful APIs.
- An understanding of SQL and a strong product sense and feel for design, UX/UI.
- Ability to write and code review readable and testable code.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
Some nice to haves:
- Experience with working authentication and authorization systems.
- Knowledge of common Frontend security issues.
- Ability to optimize and debug Docker / EKS.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimated compensation range for this role: the estimated pay range for this role, if based in Palo Alto, CA is $182,000 - $232,000.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Palo Alto only. Compensation for candidates outside of Palo Alto will be based on the candidate’s specific work location.
Actual compensation will be determined based on skills, experience, and geographic location and may be more or less than the amount shown above.
This role will be based at our Palo Alto office and follows a Hybrid schedule that will be aligned with our Return to Office guidelines.
A little bit about us:
- Branch is well capitalized with funding from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Global.
- We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with teams around the globe.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 100,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from all walks of life to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our careers, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!