At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We are looking for a special mix of DNA that makes an extraordinary Technical Account Manager (TAM) – the blend of great business savvy and technical prowess!
As a part of a team focused on customer experience, adoption and success, you will act as a trusted advisor for customers and a technical consultant. As a TAM, you will be focused on building strong relationships with your customers as a customer advocate, driving adoption through value, consumption growth, and ensuring retention.
You will work closely with Field Sales, Customer Support, Product & Engineering to strategize and plan customer engagements and share your product expertise with customers through custom demos and presentations, technical evaluations, onboard and enabling customers on the Branch platform, and provide technical guidance.
This position requires excellent client management skills, a strong technical background, taking ownership and a proven track record to both understand customer business objectives and perform hands-on technical work as needed. You will have a passion for problem-solving, building relationships and customer engagement.
This is a fixed-term employment contract for 1 year with the possibility of extension to permanent.
As a Technical Account Manager, you’ll get to:
- Take ownership of the entire customer lifecycle where you will develop and implement strategies to increase usage, adoption, and growth.
- Develop deep expertise with the Branch platform to build a technical advisor relationship with customers and proactively conceptualize creative solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Support, Product, and Engineering teams to participate in strategic success planning, participate in QBRs, EBRs, and to secure next steps of support tickets and feature requests.
- Function as a vital link between our customers and Branch to proactively set customer expectations, identify gaps, participate in customer communications, and provide enablement with technical users.
- Build compelling technical demonstrations, presentations, and business value documents.
- Identify and resolve business and technical issues.
- Assist customers with planning and execution of technical solution implementations, and removing technical blockers.
- Accelerate adoption, and value creation.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Presales, Technical Account Management, Account Management, Customer Success, Solution Architecture, Software Consulting, Technical Consulting, DevOps, and/or in similar customer-facing technical roles.
- Excellent client management skills, a bias for action, taking accountability, a validated ability to perform hands-on technical work when needed, and the ability to lead projects and interact with global teams.
- Experience supporting customers with cloud-based SaaS solutions.
- Problem-solving skills around business and technical product questions.
- Ability to analyze & interpret business requirements and customer interactions to anticipate and guide client needs in order to drive value-based use-case adoption.
- Experience proactively handling customer expectations and leading all aspects of customer communications throughout the customer lifecycle.
- A self-starter mentality with an entrepreneurial spirit and a knack for quickly adapting to new tools (e.g. Asana, Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience pulling and manipulating aggregate-level data using tools like Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc. Ability to work with SQL databases would be an added advantage.
- Experience using productivity tools like JIRA, Asana, Notion, etc.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of mobile app SDKs and web scripts, along with experience assisting customers with SDK implementations.
- Understanding of REST API fundamentals. Ability to pull API requests with Chrome Developer Tools or Charles Proxy and mimic them with API Testing tools (such as Postman).
- iOS and/or Android programming experience (building apps with Java/Objective-C/Swift, releasing apps to the app store, working with 3rd party SDKs, etc).
This role will be based at our London office and follows a Hybrid schedule that will be aligned with our Return to Office guidelines.
A little bit about us:
- Branch is well capitalized with funding from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Global.
- We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with teams around the globe.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 100,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from all walks of life to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our careers, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!