At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
As the Head of Security for Branch, you will be responsible for taking a hands-on approach to ensure our company evaluates risk and develops the safeguards and processes to keep Branch and our customers safe. We’re looking for a candidate that will act with urgency and will always be paving a path forward for the future of the company. If you’re a strong technically minded security leader seeking to define and pave the way for a fast growing startup, we’d love to talk.
As a Head of Security, you’ll get to:
- Set the strategic vision for the Branch security organization and collaborate with Engineering, IT, Operations, Sales and Client Success leadership to execute on your vision.
- Oversee all corporate and IT security including Application Security, Infrastructure Security, and Security Compliance.
- Define, maintain, and enforce security policies.
- Conduct regular corporate and IT security audits.
- Deliver Security Awareness Training to Branch employees.
- Oversee and refine our vendor risk assessment processes.
- Train and mentor Branch engineers on security best practices.
- Own all security incident event management activities.
- Drive sales enablement via ownership of all Security questionnaires in RFP process and customer negotiations regarding security issues.
- Build and mentor a team of security engineers and analysts to help execute on your strategic vision.
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts to teams and projects. Foresee shortcomings ahead of time and be able to drive to resolution.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant Security experience and 2+ years Management experience.
- Startup and SaaS experience with a passion and desire to be hands-on.
- Hands on practical experience AWS/Cloud Security, network security, product security or security operations center (e.g. red vs. blue teams).
- Experience developing Information Security Management System programs (e.g. product security, vulnerability management, security operations center).
- Expertise in governance, risks and compliance frameworks or certifications such as SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and PCI.
- Experience defining data privacy and information security policies.
- Strong communication skills and a team player mentality with a proven track record of building strong relationships with management, co-workers and customers.
- Experience successfully representing the security function externally, such as to customers and partners.
- Ability to move at a high velocity and go the extra mile making the right tradeoffs between speed and quality.
Nice to Haves:
- Relevant security credentials or certification, e.g. CISSP, CCEP, CCSP, CISA.
- Prior experience in customer security areas, e.g. responding to customer security questionnaires, handling customer escalations, cyber security incidents, security researchers.
- Understanding of cloud security technologies (e.g. IDS/IPS, VPC, DLP), identity management (e.g. IAM, SAML SSO, RBAC, ABAC) and AWS security tools (e.g. GuardDuty, Inspector, Security Hub, WAF) would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated influence or negotiation skills for change management, security risk prioritization, and solving complex issues.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimated compensation range for this role: the estimated pay range for this role, if based in New York City, NY is $275,000 - $351,000.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in New York City only. Compensation for candidates outside of New York City will be based on the candidate’s specific work location.
Actual compensation will be determined based on skills, experience, and geographic location and may be more or less than the amount shown above.
This role will be based at our New York City office and is eligible to be fully in office, hybrid or fully remote in New York. This role is not eligible for remote work in any other location.
A little bit about us:
- Branch is well capitalized with funding from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Global.
- We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with teams around the globe.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 100,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from all walks of life to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our careers, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!